Friday, December 19, 2008

Real Ronaldo claims rile Ferguson


Sir Alex Ferguson has hit out at Real Madrid over claims Manchester United have agreed to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to the Spanish giants.

Real director Pedro Trapote reportedly told Spanish newspaper El Mundo a deal had been struck, adding: "There are clauses keeping us from announcing it."

But Ferguson insisted there was no such agreement with Real, saying he "wouldn't sell them a virus".

He added: "Would I get into a contract with that mob? Absolutely no chance."

Speaking after his side beat Gamba Osaka in the Club World Cup in Japan, the United boss reacted furiously to the latest link with Ronaldo to Madrid.

"I wouldn't sell them a virus - that's a no. There's no agreement whatsoever between the clubs.

"I said to David Gill a year last summer, when we sold Gabby Heinze, you can bet your life in January it will all start up with Ronaldo again. It'll happen again this January, believe me.

"We've just got to ignore it because if we keep worrying about what Real are going to say then we are not going to concentrate on our own programme of difficult games coming up.

"Sometimes it can be an angry situation and sometimes we are really annoyed with them, but we know the game and I think we should just play our game and ignore it all."

Ronaldo has also responded to the claims saying he is happy to stay at Old Trafford and is unaware of Real's reported interest.

"I don't care. I don't see newspapers," he said. "We are out here in Japan and I don't know nothing, what's happened around me.

"I am very happy (at Man Utd), very happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment