Saturday, July 4, 2009

Owen - Utd to reignite career

Owen now a red devil
Michael Owen is eager to put his 'poor spell' at Newcastle United behind him by scoring goals and lifting silverware at his new club Manchester United.

The England international sealed his shock free transfer to the Red Devils on Friday after passing a medical and then signing a two-year contract.

Owen endured a difficult time at St James' Park, where he signed from Real Madrid in 2005, netting just 26 Premier League goals in four years.

The 29-year-old is excited about the next chapter in his career as he looks to recapture his best form and help United continue their winning ways.

He told MUTV: "It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager to come and meet him.
Shock

"It was a shock but I'm obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then.

"I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I'm sure a top club like this can reignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success.

"It's early days but when you think about United, you automatically think about winning trophies, the stadium, the massive fanbase."

Fitness

Owen also rejected suggestions that he is injury prone, stressing that he passed his United medical without any complications.

He added: "A lot is made of it and probably a lot will come out in the coming months and years but I certainly don't feel like I'm injury prone.

"I'd like to think that everyone was quite surprised at how my medical was. I knew I would pass my medical, I've obviously passed them before. My fitness is fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment