Monday, October 5, 2009

Owen to return to full training


Manchester United striker Michael Owen is set to return to full training having missed Saturday's match against Sunderland with a groin injury.

Owen came off with the problem during Wednesday's game against Wolfsburg and it was initially feared he would be sidelined for three weeks.

"I'm back in training from Tuesday," the 29-year-old told At The Races.

"A few years ago I would have carried on playing. If I'd continued then I think I'd have pulled my groin."

Meanwhile, the former Liverpool and Newcastle player said he had not given up hope of making Fabio Capello's 23-man England World Cup squad, despite having not featured for the Italian yet."Every aim for an English footballer is to go to the World Cup and get in that squad," said Owen, who has won 89 caps and scored 40 goals for the national team.

"I've got six or seven months to do as well as possible for Manchester United and hopefully Fabio Capello will be watching."

No comments:

Post a Comment