Friday, March 13, 2009

Rooney declares: I hate Liverpool


Man United striker Wayne Rooney has once again declared his hatred for Liverpool and is out to end the Reds’ title hopes.

Rafa Benitez's Reds travel to Old Trafford to take on title rivals Manchester United in a game that will push the Red Devils ten points clear, and dump Liverpool out of the title race, should they manage to claim all three points.

And that is what's motivating Rooney this weekend.

"I'm very excited about the match," said the Man United striker.

"I grew up an Everton fan, my whole family are Everton fans and I grew up hating Liverpool - and that hasn't changed. I think coming to Old Trafford will be a difficult game for them. They know they need to win, they need the three points. I'm sure they will be up for it and we certainly will be too."

"It will certainly end Liverpool's chances if we win and that's why we're looking forward to it."

However, Rooney still admits that although Man United can end one rival's hopes of a title, another could still make a last surge in the closing stages of the current campaign.

"I think if we beat Liverpool we'll probably end their chances of winning the League but there's still Chelsea plugging away. So we have to keep playing. It won't be won yet," added the England forward.

"If we win we'll be in pole position - actually I think we're in pole position anyway. But I'm not sure it's a title decider with Chelsea still there."

No comments:

Post a Comment